Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tahoe




I was planning on competing in the Nikita Chikita at Mammoth Mountain, so I decided to drive down to Tahoe prior to the comp to visit friends and get some shredding in.  After rolling in late at night, we got to ride Squaw Valley thanks to some help from Candice. The pow was incredible that day.  I totally understand Tahoe now.  Big storms followed by lots of sun.  We were there early and the snow was good until about noon.  It started to get warm and the snow was getting really heavy.  We  checked out Donner pass with the hopes of building some stuff the next day, but with the snow warming up so quickly, the avalanche danger was really high the next day.  Friday I had planned to go to Kirkwood for a photo shoot with shred betties, but on my way there from north lake, the highway was closed because of an avalanche.  I would have had to go all the way around the lake to make it there, which would have been a 4 hour drive. I was bummed that I didn't get to go to the shoot with my fellow lady shredders, but everything happens for a reason.  Noble and Driver were nice enough to invite Jeff and I to hit feature with them that night.  They set up a wall ride on a post to a high bridge.  I am really grateful for the experience.  Riding with a bunch of legit guys was really intimidating, but I am glad I got over my fears and joined in on the fun.  We had wanted to stay through the week, but mother nature brought us some rain instead.  It was dumping at Hood, so we called it, and drove back to Hood for some major freshies.  Thanks to Christine and Candice for letting us crash.  

No comments: